Create more Impact, Sustainaibility and Flow by making your Leadership & Facilitation Trauma-Informed
You are a Leader or Group Facilitator and:
– wonder if your work can have more flow and impact at the same time?
– are competent and skilled in your work, but sometimes get exhausted or overwhelmed ?
– at times get into complex territory & challenging interpersonal dynamics and wonder how to navigate it effectively?
I believe that the future of working with people will be trauma-informed. – Gregor Steinmaurer
Trauma has become a fashionable word over the past years.
Both professionals and lay people are becoming more aware of how Trauma and its symptoms are affecting many people on a daily basis.
However, there isn’t a lot of information about how Trauma affects your work as a leader, group facilitator, teacher etc., let alone how to navigate it effectively.
When Trauma stays unrecognized it will show up through challenging symptoms and experiences.
You might get stuck in cycles of frustration, stress or conflicts in your facilitation or groups.
It might show up as disengagement or lack of motivation in your team, or as exhaustion and near burn-out in yourself.
In this 9-week online Training you will learn how to recognize and navigate the hidden layers of Trauma in your work, and get the tools to lead, guide and hold spaces for other people, with an awareness for Trauma.
The intention of this training is not to turn you into a Trauma Therapist or make Trauma the focus of your work.
It is about understanding and navigating individual & collective trauma when facilitating a group or working in a leadership position, so that your work becomes:
- more fluid AND competent
- up to date with the future that will be trauma-informed
- more enjoyable and sustainable for you
- more effective and satisfying for the people you work with
- more safe and impactful for everyone
What you will get from the Training:
-Understanding the Role of the Nervous System and the Body in Leadership & Facilitation
– Learning how to create a safe and sustainable space for yourself and others
– Prevent yourself from burning out or accumulating stress and frustration in your work
– Learning how to move from Activation and Dysregulation back to Regulation and Capacity in your work and facilitation
– Learn how to safely recognize Trauma without having to actually DO anything with the content
– Understanding the impact of individual and collective trauma on Power & Group Dynamics
– Learn to recognize unconscious Pain-Points in yourself & in the people that you work with
– How to create an optimal zone for learning and cooperation through the right mix of aliveness and safety
The training consists of 4 Teaching Modules and 2 Mentor Calls
1. Principles of Trauma-Informed Facilitation
What the lens of Trauma-Awareness can contribute to good facilitation and Leadership.
2. What is Trauma – Personal Dimension
Understanding the basics of Trauma in the role of the Nervous System.
3. What is Trauma – Collective Dimension and its effects in Facilitation
Understanding Group Dynamics through the lens of Trauma
4. Translating the Principles of TIF into your Work
How to create a safe, coherent and clear setting for your work
Inner and Outer Tools to work with Trauma in Facilitation and Leadership
In addition, there will be 2 Q&A Calls, which offer opportunities to deepen the content, reflect on your own challenges and learnings and have space for Questions and Answers.
All 6 Calls will be live (and recorded) and last 2 hours.
The Teaching Modules will focus on content and practise, in each call there will be time to share & reflect in small groups.
There will also be an option to enter self-organized Study Groups.
Participation in this Training will involve personal sharings and exchange in small groups.
If you are not comfortable to do this at all (you will always have an option to opt out from this any moment in the course), this might not be the right Course for you.
Dates for the live calls (All at 6:30 pm CEST / CET)
Call 1: Tuesday, September 26th
Call 2: Tuesday, October 10th
Mentor Call 1: Thursday October 19th
Call 3: Tuesday October 31st
Mentor Call 2: Thursday November 9th
Call 4: Tuesday November 14th
Calls will be recorded and available to watch for participants
250€ Early Bird Price until September 5th
Scholarships are available upon request
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This training is for you if:
You’re in a leadership position (executive, coach, consultant, HR departments), a teacher, group facilitator and you are dealing with teams & meetings where you are holding the context and intention
You already have experience with leadership or facilitation and have encountered challenging situations which either overwhelmed you or someone you were working with
You want to understand challenging dynamics, repetitive conflicts and stressful interactions in a new light
& bring more clarity, depth and ease to your working context.
You are ready to reflect on your trauma history in order to make your work more sustainable and successful for yourself and others
This is NOT for you if:
You don’t have any prior experience with facilitation or leadership, as this is not a Basic Training on facilitation or Trauma Therapy.
You are looking for medical or therapeutic support (the Training will not provide that)